IMPA is located near the Botanical Gardens in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
|Estrada Dona Castorina, 110
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
Telefone: (55 21) 2529-5000
Fax: (55 21) 2512-4115
Leaving the airport
On leaving the airport we suggest that you take a taxi. The yellow cabs are less expensive than the special red or blue ones, as these have special booths located inside the airport facilities. The current fares are around R$ 50,00 to R$ 60,00, for a trip of about 30 minutes. There are also air-conditioned buses leaving from the blue sector, terminal 1 and 2, running from the airport to the Novo Rio Bus Station, Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon.
Buses and Cabs
There are two bus lines running near the Institute: line 409 (Tijuca - Jardim Botânico), line 125 (Central - Jardim Botânico). Pay as you enter, using the front door to get on and the rear door to get off the bus. The current bus fare is R$ 2,35 and the maximum change given is for a R$ 20,00 bill.
Should you need a taxi, you may call one of the following cab companies:
- JB Táxi (normal) 2501-3026 - http://www.jbtaxi.com.br
- Coopatur (especial) 2290-1009
- Cootramo (especial) 2270-1442
- Coopertramo (especial) 2260-2022
- Coopacarioca (normal) 2253-3847
- CoopaTáxi (normal) 899-4343
- Central de Táxi (normal) 2593-2598
- Ouro Táxi (normal) 2284-8618